June has arrived. We have a bunch of competition on the calendar and a bunch of new athletes walking the deck, so let’s hop in.
The first week of AQTX Masters was a huge success. Thanks to everyone who came out and we hope you’ll continue to do so. Registration via our TeamUnify site is coming soon. In the meantime, make sure you’re registered with USA Water Polo, required for insurance reasons. A “Bronze” membership is only $40 per calendar year. And there’s a 14 day trial for free if you choose to try it out.
Masters takes place on Mondays and Wednesdays. Athletes can begin warmup at 8:30 PM. The full course will be set up at 9:00 PM and scrimmages start as soon as possible after then.
Several of our new masters athletes asked about team suits. You can order them directly via our RYTE Sports team store. I’ll have a fitting kit with me if you need to try one on. And, of course, there’s lots of other great gear available for order via our online partners.
The upcoming tournament schedule is busy and there will very likely be more added, including a super fun beach water polo tournament at Lake Travis (which may also include masters). We’ll be partnering with Longhorn for many of these tournaments EXCEPT 18u boys. Let’s enter AquaTex 18u teams for the Dallas Summer Classic and Sun’s Out Guns Out.
- May 25-27: Welcome to Texas Shootout (Northside ISD Swim Center, San Antonio, TX )
- June 7-9: Southwest NJO Quals (14u, 12u, 10u – Pearland Natatorium, Pearland, TX)
- June 14-16: Southwest NJO Quals (18u, 16u – hosted by CFWPC)
- June 22-23: Dallas Summer Classic (Southlake, TX)
- July 6-7: Southside’s Sun’s Out, Guns Out (Pearland Natatorium, Pearland, TX)
- July 20-23: USAWP NJO’s Boys (Orange County, CA)
- July 25-28: USAWP NJO’s Girls (Orange County, CA)
See you on the deck,
Click image for AQTX Waterpolo Gear