2022 Cowtown Stampede
|AQTX 14u mixed||AQTX 16u boys||AQTX 18u boys||AQTX/LH 18u girls||AQTX/LH 10u|
|Rudy Matheo Garcia||Jacob Gerakos||Jacob Gerakos||Morgan Spooner||Ashton Benson|
|Jackson Place||Adlee Colegrove||Adlee Colegrove||Ryan Benson|
|Chase Wadley||James Strauss||James Strauss|
|Kenneth Brown||Kenneth Brown||Riley Dixon|
|Austin Lewis||Matthew Dixon||Matthew Dixon|
From the Hosts
UPDATE, as of Nov 22
Coaches and Club Directors,
I am not sure if this will be good news or bad news….I am hoping for good!
I was able to get the tournament confirmed to be rescheduled for the weekend of December 17-18 at the Keller ISD Nat. I know this is a week later than previously planned but I am afraid that I would not know for another week or so if the other location was going to be available.
If you have registered and can no longer attend, please let me know. If you can attend now, please let me know or register on the website. I will get the date and details changed on the USAWP site shortly.
Location: Keller ISD Nat
Dates: December 17-18
Age as of date – August 1, 2023
Registration Deadline: December 7th, 2022
Cowtown Water Polo will be hosting its annual Cowtown Stampede again this winter!
Schedule: The event will be held December 10-11, 2022
Tournament Locations: Keller Natatorium, 1000 Bear Creek Pkwy, Keller, TX 76248
Divisions: The tournament will have the following divisions which will hold from 4-8 depending on the age group
- 18 Mixed/Boy
- 16u Mixed/Boys
- 18/16u Girls
- 14u Mixed
- 12u Mixed
- 10u Mixed
USA Water Polo Membership/Age Verification: All athletes do need to be BRONZE, SILVER or GOLD members of USA Water Polo in order to play in this event. The age of date will be the date of the tournament, December 10, 2022.
Tournament Cost and Deadline:
- The entry fee for the tournament will be $550 per team. Payments will be made via the USAWP site.
- Registration Deadline – November 25, 2022, with a roster deadline of December 5, 2022.
- Payment will be made to Cowtown Water Polo prior the registration deadline.
Reimbursements: A full reimbursement will be made for cancellations prior to the registration deadline.
After the tournament bracket has been sent out, Cowtown will reimburse the team for 75% of the registration fee.
- There will not be a warm up pool available during games but there will be extra time between games for teams to warm up in the course in which they will be competing.
- All teams will have two timeouts per game (used anytime).
- Team listed first will wear white caps.
- 18u-14u games will be six-minute quarters (two minutes between periods).
- All games will be played until there is a winner. Games tied after four quarters will complete a shoot-out to determine the winner. See USAWP document
- The Cowtown Stampede will use USA Water Polo rules & regulations (except when noted).
12u and 10u Divisions
- 12u games will be played 6 on 6 (including the goalie) rather than the traditional 7 on 7. Games will be five-minute quarters (two minutes between periods).
- 12u will follow the USAWP 12U modifications on the attached document.
- 10u will play 5 on 5 with 4 field players and 1 goalie.
ID checks and Game Sheets
- Event Rosters must be submitted online by Friday, December 5th at midnight.
- Please print or bring copies of the Membership cards for each of the athletes. Rosters will be closely monitored with ID Checks throughout the weekend. Only those listed on the roster (athletes/coaches) will be allowed to be on the team benches.
- Please print Game Sheets as well to be turned into the table before the start of each game.
- All coaches need to be registered with USA Water Polo and updated on their background check, 1st Aid/CPR, Safe Sport, etc
Game Caps/Warm Up/Team Benches:
- Teams will need to supply their own game caps and warm-up balls for the tournament. Teams listed first on the schedule will wear white caps and start to the left of the table (switch sides at half time).
- There will be a limited warm-up area at the pool. Please make sure coaches supervise their athletes during their warm-up. Teams can also warm-up between quarters/after games in the main competition pools. Please plan accordingly.
- Awards will be given to the 1st place team in each division.
- Participation awards will also be given to the remaining teams in the 10u and 12u division.
- Clean Up Your Area:
- All teams must clean up their areas at the end of each day.
- Teams/clubs/coaches please monitor your areas to make sure athletes pick up their trash and your team does not leave a mess in the area you are sitting. Thank you.
Additional Announcements: Below are some announcements regarding the tournament.
- No deck changing!!!
- Team listed first on the schedule will wear white caps and start to the left of the table.
- MUST be prepared for ID checks as to keep the tournament on schedule.
- If you need to change cap numbers during a game, please let the table know BEFORE the player enters the pool to play.
- For Additional Information, please contact Keeley Lowery at or 817-201-873