2022 South Texas Winter Champs
Note to AquaTexans
A few specifics about South TX Champs
- Our 16u Longhorn roster is quite strong. AquaTexans on that roster, however, will be focusing more on their two 18u games (Aaron is on the 16u roster but will likely play ONLY 18u). So expect playing time to change according to how we perform during the 16u games, giving younger players more of a chance to play.
- Our 18u mixed roster is intended to put nearly all AquaTex athletes who are currently in high school on the same team. The aim is to get ready for your high school season. That should be your focus.
- The majority of AquaTexans are on two rosters and should expect to play four games.
- There is still time to get on a roster if you are not already… like the 18u girls roster.
- If you’re wondering why “AquaHorns” it’s to help our Longhorn families understand we’re combining rosters and their kids are not suddenly members of AquaTex. Diplomacy!
|10u mixed (5v5)
|12u mixed (6v6)
|Luca De Araujo
|Luca De Araujo
|Corina Nunziata (maybe)
|1 more Anderson girl
From the Host
Alamo Area Water Polo will be hosting the South Texas Winter Champs on Sunday, January 30th at the Alamo Heights Natatorium in San Antonio for all youth water polo clubs in the San Antonio/Austin area. This is a one day, championship format (awards), sanctioned USAWP event with divisions for 18U Boys, 16U Boys, 18U/16U Girls, 14U Mixed, 12U Mixed, and 10U Mixed (Age as of Date is August 1, 2021). Games will be played in two courses running simultaneously and begin on Sunday morning/run all day. All teams will be guaranteed two games with the games being back to back or with one game break (no waiting around all day for games). We will start with the older athletes on Sunday morning and work toward the younger divisions later in the day. We do need all teams to complete the online registration (no cost) and bring entry fee checks to the pool on Sunday, January 30th (check made payable to “AHISD”). Below is all the Game Day info. Online Team Registration: South Texas Winter Champs (must be logged in at USAWP website to register).
South Texas Winter Champs – Sunday, January 30, 2022:
Date: Sunday, January 20, 2022. Games will begin on Sunday morning/run all day on Sunday.
Location: Alamo Heights Natatorium, 705 Trafalgar Rd., San Antonio, TX 78216
Divisions: 18U Boys, 16U Boys, 18U/16U Girls, 14U Mixed, 12U Mixed, and 10U Mixed (Age as of Date is August 1, 2021)
Format: Championship Format with Awards. All teams will receive 2-3 games.
Online Team Registration: South Texas Winter Champs (must be logged in at USAWP website to register).
Registration Deadline: Friday, January 21, 2022
Roster Deadline: Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Schedule: An online schedule will be sent to everyone on Monday, January 24, 2022