2022 USA Water Polo National Junior Olympics Session 3 – TEXAS
Day 1 Tourney Info
We’re really excited to get under way at Junior Olympics 2022. A couple things for Day 1:
Our focus is on the team while we’re in North Texas so be prepared: water, extra towel, extra suit, eyedrops, goggles, dark and white swim caps, clip your nails. Remove as many distractions from the team as you can today before we get started. #BeYourBest.
We are having a team dinner on Wednesday, July 27 at the Black Walnut Cafe, 775 N Denton Tap Rd, Coppell, TX 75019. We’d love to have as many of you as we can. There’s a room set aside for the teams and families. Everyone can order their own food at a counter so there’s no sharing of checks. It’s casual but team-focused (!).
- On Thursday our 16u boys kick off the tournament vs. WCAC (Pennsylvania, I believe) at 10:00 AM at the CISD Aquatic Center on the campus of Southlake Carroll High School.
- 18u girls face Orlando United (FL) at 11:00 AM on Thursday at the Garland ISD Natatorium. Their next game is against Chicago at 2PM.
- The Longhorn 10u team faces some team called Pegasus at 11:00 AM on Thursday at the LISD Westside Aquatic Center in Lewisville. Next game vs. Zilla at 2PM.
- 18u and 16u athletes are expected to meet with the team one hour before their first game each day. 10u families, consult with Coach Tom about when you’re expected to meet on Thursday morning.
From the Hosts
LIVE streaming of Platinum Division gold medal matches and other select matches will be available at YouTube.com/GameOnLiveStudio and YouTube.com/USAWP. LIVE stats of select matches will be available via 6-8 Sports at 68Scores.com.
Spectators are welcome to take photos of the water polo competition from the spectator area only with valid admission.
Session III JO Expo: Wednesday July 27
12:00- 5:00 PM, FREE to attend
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville, 785 SH 121 Bypass, Lewisville, TX 75067
Schedule of Events:
12:00 PM – Expo & Vendors Open
12:30- 1:15 PM Words with an Olympian
Led by Bernice O’Connor
Come hear stories from an Olympian about the National Team and get inspired to set new, higher goals for yourself.
1:30- 2:30 PM Path to College Water Polo
Led by Next College Student Athlete (NCSA)
An overview of the college recruiting process. Great for high school athletes and their parents who are interested in playing at the collegiate level.
2:45 – 3:30 PM Coaching Resources and Preparing for your High School Season
Presented by USAWP Chief High Performance Officer, John Abdou
3:45 – 4:45 PM Counter Attack Tools
Presented by USAWP Coach Education Manager, Drew Clute
5:00 PM Expo Closes
Coaches Check-In/Packet Pick Up:
– July 27, 12 pm – 5 pm
– Hilton Garden Inn Dallas/Lewisville, 785 SH 121 Bypass, Lewisville, TX 75067
– This is a mandatory requirement to send a coach to the Expo for Check-In/Packet Pick Up prior to tournament participation. Score sheets and team credentials will be distributed at coach check-in.
– For more info on the Expo, Click Here
NJO Specific Rules
USA Water Polo Playing Rules
10U/12U Rules Modifications
Athlete Roster Requirements:
– Current Gold USAWP Membership
– COVID-19 Waiver Completed
– Birth Date Verification
– SafeSport Training (If 18+)
– Club Affiliated
– Age eligible as of 8/1/22
Coach Roster Requirements:
– Current USA Water Polo Coach or Coach/Referee Membership
– Current SafeSport, CPR/First Aid, and Background Screening
– COVID-19 Waiver Completed
Attendance and Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies (MAAPP) Information:
Persons in attendance at any USA Water Polo event agree to abide by all of USA Water Polo’s rules and policies, including USA Water Polo’s Minor Abuse Prevention Policies, and those of the venue to which the individual is being provided access.
Through the following link you can find an overview of the USA Water Polo Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies. The full policy information, including how to report a concern and/or MAAPP violation, can be found at usawaterpolo.org/safesport.
Working RostersAs of 29 June
|Age Group/Gender||10u mix||12u mix||14u boys||16u boys||18u boys||18u girls|
|Qualification Plans||Session 3 in Dallas||Qualify for session 2, NorCal||Qualify for session 1, NorCal||Register Session 3, Dallas||Qualify for session 1, NorCal||Register Session 3, Dallas|
|SWZ Festival||JO Quals||JO Quals||SWZ Festival||JO Quals||SWZ Festival|
|Coaches (?)||Evan||Tom||Evan, Cole||James, Matthew||Tom||Kendall, Alon|
|Athletes||Calder May Gold, DOB||Daniel Armendariz||Pierce Green||William Wright||Axel Haidt||Addison Rodwell|
|Eric Brian Crockett||Laird Green||Nick Musil||Jacob Gerakos||Billy Flukinger||Corina Nunziata|
|Claire Green||Sawyer Jayasuriya||Jake Ryan Roberts||James Strauss||Evan Schaffer DOB||Morgan Spooner|
|Cia Crowley||Silas Chamas||Zeke Simeloff||Luca De Arajuo||Gavin Orris||Kelsie Warmack|
|Jane Harrington||Lennon Beavers||Landon Vickery||David Hennecke||Greysen Gaderson||Kailee Seto|
|Grey Benson||Avi Singhal||Finnley May Gold, DOB||Maxwell Vale||Manu Singhal||Akriti Mandal|
|Ryan Benson||Robert Roth JOs only||Cruz Crowley||Declan Graves||Matthew Guy||Rowan Hunter|
|Rudy-Matheo Garcia||Tristan Chamas||Finnegan Harrington||Owen Murphy||Kendall Strauss|
|Isabelle Morrison||Maddox Conte||Adlee Colegrove||Perrin Minter||Cate Sloat|
|Alex Catterson (Quals only)||Laird Green||Matthew Dixon||August Nordstedt||Kateryna Ortiz|
|William Pemberton Club||Tomás Bellavia||Gavin Hantelman||Kelly Murphy||Molly Arredondo|
|John "Wes" Kelly (not CA)||Riley Dixon||Thomas Woodley||Alexandra Lazor|
|Max Bisang||Chase Kershner JOs Only||Nichole Wood|
|Peter Wallace Gold|
2022 Junior Olympics Event Info
|Session One||Session Two||Session Three|
|Divisions||Boys 12U, 14U, 16U, & 18U||Girls- 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U, Mixed- 10U, 12U||Girls & Boys 14U, 16U, 18U, Mixed 10U, 12U|
|Play Dates||July 16-19||July 21-24||July 28-31|
|Location||San Jose, CA area||San Jose, CA area||North Texas|
|Zones||All- Qualification Required||All- Qualification Required||All- No Qualification Required|
|Team Registration Deadline||June 1 or 15 days prior to JO Qualifier, whichever comes first||June 1 or 15 days prior to JO Qualifier, whichever comes first||June 1, Registration will re-open for teams that Do Not Qualify for Sessions 1 or 2|
|Roster Deadline / Lockdown||July 1 / July 8|
($100 fee incurred for roster changes between 7/1 & 7/8. NO changes after 7/8)
|July 6 / July 13|
($100 fee incurred for roster changes between 7/7 & 7/13. NO changes after 7/13)
|July 13 / July 20|
($100 fee incurred for roster changes between 7/14 & 7/20. NO changes after 7/20)
|Coaches Check In/Packet Pick Up*||Friday July 15 from 12:00PM - 6:00 PM||Wednesday July 20 from 12:00PM - 6:00 PM||Wednesday July 27 from 12:00PM - 6:00 PM|
From the Host
2022 Junior Olympics Overview
- The USA Water Polo Junior Olympics Championship (JOs) is the largest water polo tournament in the US
- 2022 JO will consist of three sessions. Session 1 and 2 will be in Northern California. Session 3 will be in the Dallas area.
- Different teams from the same club are allowed to choose to attend the California OR Dallas sessions (but the same team can not attend both)
- In order to participate in Session 1 and 2 in California, each team will need to qualify for a slot by competing in the Southwest Zone JO Qualifier Tournament in Texas in June. Session 3 will not need qualifier tournament (TBD)
- To be eligible to compete, all athletes must be USA Water Polo GOLD members with birth date verification. If your child wants to play in JOs, please make sure to sign up on USAWP for 2022 Gold membership and complete birth date verification prior to June 2022. Also, please upload your child’s photo.