2023 Texas Challenge Cup
10u mixed team: scoresheet | IDs
14u mixed team: scoresheet | IDs
18u mixed team: scoresheet | IDs
|AQTX 10u||LH 12u mixed||AQTX 14u mixed||AQTX 18u b||LH 18u g|
|Ashton Benson||Silas||Jackson Place||William Lunsford||Addy|
|Ryan Benson||Laird||Chase Wadley||Jackson Place||Ava|
|Claire Green||Robert||William Pemberton||Vitali Pavlenko||Sarah|
|Eric Crockett||Zephyr||Antonio Falce||James Strauss||Bridget|
|Mason Jones||Daniel||Kenneth Brown||Connor Knight||Noelle Nealis|
|Tristan Miller||Eliza||Parker Nealis||[Antonio Falce]||Corina Nunziata|
|Vaugn Gallo||Phoebe||Colton Nealis||Jacob Gerakos||Tori|
|Colton Gates||Theodora||Elliot Bronstheyn||[Kenneth Brown]||Ashlyn|
|Ilay Lev||Reinhold Karvenz||Declan Graves||Allison|
|Diego Suarez-Quiroga||Liam Graves||Gracie|
|Isabelle Morrison||Adlee Colegrove||Taylor|
|Riley Dixon||Morgan Spooner|
For AquaTex Families
Here are a few things about traveling to tournaments for newcomers and oldsters alike:
- Cut your toe- and finger-nails as short as possible without harming yourself (!) before the tournament. Be prepared. We don't want you scrambling for nail clippers as a game is about to start.
- Always plan on being ready to meet together one hour before our first game of the day. That is an AquaTex policy. Please schedule your time accordingly. For any following games on the same day plan on meeting 40 minutes before game time.
- Wear your team suit and t-shirt every game and each day of the tournament.
- Expect three games per day even if we only end up playing two. That means, be prepared: extra towel, goggles for warmup, eye drops, snacks, water, an extra suit is always a good idea. Be ready.
- Food. Between games we encourage our athletes to eat lean protein, fruit, simple carbohydrates (not just candy!), water. After our last game of the day you can eat what you want... within reason.
- AquaTex doesn't organize team hotels or meals but definitely appreciates parents who take the lead in finding hotel blocks to share and/or organizing team meals. That is mostly done via our GroupMe so please do communicate amongst each other there.
- Fees: For nearly all tournaments, with the exception of those related to Junior Olympics, you can expect to pay around $90 per tournament roster. That is, if your athlete is playing for both our 18u and 16u team at a particular tournament then you'd pay (estimated) $180. Coach James pays our entry fees and coaches directly so you will pay him via Venmo or other means if necessary. Our fees cover tournament entry and coaches' lodging, fuel, per diem, so prompt payment is appreciated.
From the Hosts
27 February 2023
Here is the Schedule for the tournament (Please note there are a few 18u girls games at Northwest each day)
As we expanded to accommodate more teams, we are now in need of each team to provide 1 table worker for each of your games. The tournament is now 68 teams and 136 games which is one of the largest in the zone.
10u – Small goals and small courses (width of a course) , 5 min quarters
12u – 12u goals will be used, 6 min quarters
14u Girls – One game only
14u Gold – 6 min quarters
14u Silver – 6 min quarters
16u – 6 min quarters
18u Girls – 6 min quarters ( please note Games at both pools)
18u Mixed Gold – 6 min quarters
18u Mixed Silver – 6 min quarters
Warm-Up/Game Caps: There will be no warm-up area. Teams will need to warm-up between quarters or if there is no game in one of the pools. Teams will need to provide their own warm up balls. Teams will need to supply their own game caps for the competition.
Teams will need to print and bring scoresheets for each game
No deck changing. Locker rooms will be available.
Teams listed first on the schedule will wear white caps and start to the left of the table.
Athletes will not be allowed to play in the tournament unless they are USAWP registered.
The Referees will be doing ID Checks prior to each game of the tournament. Athletes, Coaches, and Teams MUST be prepared for ID checks as to keep the tournament on schedule.
If you need to change cap numbers during a game, please let the table know BEFORE the player enters the pool to play
Hospitality: Hospitality will be for Coaches & Officials ONLY
1ST, 2nd, & 3rd Place medals will be given out in each division.
The coaching staff of the 1st place team of each division will choose a player for the Player of the Tournament Award. This athlete will receive a trophy and be asked to pose for a picture after the 1st place team picture is taken.
NISD Aquatics Center 1976 Texan Dr, Justin, TX 76247
CISD Aquatics Center 1501 W Southlake Blvd, Southlake, TX 76092
Admissions: $5 Day Pass, $10 Weekend Pass. Children 5 & Younger will not be charged admission. All admissions will be sold at the facility (no pre-paid admissions).
Apparel Sales: Custom made tournament apparel will be available at the Southlake CISD location.
Spectator Expectations: We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Profanity, or other intimidating actions directed at the officials, athletes, coaches, or volunteers will not be tolerated. Spectators should be aware that they can be removed from the premises for undesirable behaviors at the request of game officials, the tournament director, or facility director.
14 February 2023
This is a Thunder Water Polo hosted event in North Texas the weekend of March 4th and 5th.
All teams will receive a minimum of four games with the top 3 teams in each division receiving 1st – 3rd place medals.
All participants must have a minimum of a USA Water Polo Bronze membership with picture and age verification completed. ID checks will be administered on deck.
Divisions – 10U Coed, 12U Coed, 14U Coed, 16U Boys, 18U Girls and 18U Boys
Northwest ISD Aquatics Center 1976 Texas Dr Justin TX· ( 10u, 12u, 14u )
Carroll ISD Aquatics Center 1501 W Southlake Blvd, Southlake, TX ( 16u, 18u)
Approximate Time: Saturday 8:00am – 7:00pm and Sunday 7:00 am – 4:00pm.
Age as of Date: August 1, 2023
Entry Fee: $600 per team. Payments will be collected when completing the online registration. Link to Register
Registration Deadline: Friday Feb 17th 9:00pm (PT)
Admissions – $5 per day or $10 for the weekend
Roster Deadline: Monday, February 27th at 9pm (PT)
Schedule: An online schedule will be sent to everyone on Monday February 27th
The reservation cut-off date is 2/17/23. (We will release any rooms not used at that date and the rate will no longer be available. If we sell all rooms in the block, the rate may not be available prior to this date).
The Tru Northlake is 4 miles, 5 minutes from the NISD Aquatic Center in Justin and 10 miles, 15 minutes from the Carroll ISD Aquatic Center in Southlake.
The Tru by Hilton offers a complimentary breakfast 6am-9am. It includes hot items, bacon and eggs and other items, freshly made pancakes, cereal, breakfast breads, yogurts, fruit and all the toppings
Work, play, lounge, or eat in our 2880 square-foot lobby-with Pool Table
24/7 Market with local gourmet snacks & drinks
Large bathrooms with tons of counter space & glass
55inch TVs with in-room entertainment system-Netflix and huge selection of premium channels
24/7 complimentary LaVazza coffee
Tech Forward with Free Fast Wi-Fi and easy to reach charging outlets
Modern Fitness center