USA Water Polo National Junior Olympics Session 3 – TEXAS
|USAWP Pool/Hotel Map
|USAWP Blocked Hotels
|TX JOs “Hot” Results
|Coaches: Know Before you Go
Finally! Now some details on our actual first day of competition as Longhorn.
For the first game of the day (and all others for 16u boys) plan to arrive one hour prior to listed start time to allow for locating the facility and pool site. A link to a map of all the locations is above. Your team coach will use the GroupMe to tell you where athletes are meeting pregame (contact Coach James or Coach Tom if you’re not on the GroupMe).
Update: I’ve removed first day game info because there were some changes made by USAWP after we first published it. Rely on the tourney schedule for locations and game times.
- Head Coach Evan Sayer
- Head Coach Becca Andrew
- Head Coach Tom Andrew; Assistant, Kendall Katusak
- Head Coach, James Smith; Assistants Alon Yoeli, Matthew Smiley
- Head Coach Cole Kershner; Assistant, Matthew Smiley
Key Deadlines/Events for AQTX and Longhorn Families
|Tuesday, May 25
|Commitment Deadline: Athletes/parents will need to register online for the event with AquaTex and Longhorn
|Thursday, May 27
|Online team registration deadline for the Southwest Zone Champs (NJO Qualifier)
|Monday, June 7
|SWZ Zone Championships Roster Deadline (must be on roster to play at JOs)
|Wednesday, June 9
|Athlete Requirements Deadline: athletes must be affiliated with their club via the USAWP portal, must be current members with Gold status, and provide birth certificate verification of their age. No exceptions.
|Wednesday, June 9
|SWZ Zone Roster Lockdown Deadline. Roster changes made between June 7-9 incur a $100 penalty. No roster changes after June 9, no exceptions
|Fri-Sun, June 11-13
|Southwest Zone Champs (NJO Qualifier), Cy-Fair Natatorium
|Thursday, July 22 (est.)
|Final payment due for NJO’s trip costs
|Sunday, July 25 (est.)
|Final rosters, schedules, detailed itinerary, etc. will be emailed
|Thu - Sun, July 29 – Aug 1
|National Junior Olympics Session 3, North Texas
Longhorn and AQTX have begun accounting for all the athletes who are eligible for which teams this summer at JOs. And the news is good. Based on the total number of our players, plus some estimates regarding who is interested in going, we are aiming to field the following teams at JOs and SWZ Quals. The numbers take into account the ages of our athletes as of 8/1/2021. We can enter multiple teams per age group if the numbers of athletes are sufficient. Athletes CAN play up with older age groups as long as they are listed on all relevant team rosters.
|Qualify for session 2, NorCal
|Qualify for session 1, NorCal
|Register Session 3, Dallas
|Rudy- Matheo Garcia
- Athletes must compete at Southwest Zone Championships on June 11-13 to be eligible to play at JOs in July.
- USA Water Polo’s Olympic Development Program (ODP) has no connection with Junior Olympic competition. There is no requirement to participate in one in order to compete in the other.
- USA Water Polo allocates limited numbers of spots for each Zone to compete at JOs. The number of teams per age/gender category are yet to be published but based on past experiences we are confident that at least one of each of our teams will qualify.
- Athletes will need to be Gold members of USA Water Polo prior to Southwest Zone Championships.
- Athletes are required to be affiliated with the club for which they are competing. We will provide a deadline for families to make necessary changes depending on which club will be the “lead” for each team.
- AQTX and Longhorn will not be making travel arrangements for participating families, including ground transportation in North Texas.
- Costs per athlete will cover coaches’ travel and time, tournament entry fees, and miscellaneous costs associated with participating. Amount and method of payment TBD.
- Athletes will likely be required to have team gear (suit, shirt) for the trip (check out our online store!)