All training between Friday and Sunday, July 29 through 31, is cancelled. That includes high school, middle school, masters waterpolo, and Swim2Score.
We’ll resume training on August 16. [Nope. We’ll continue training throughout with a change of schedule beginning on the 16th. Read the latest.]
The schedule after August 16 will likely revert to one similar to that of the fall of 2021. Plans are for four practices a week if not more, including Saturdays and Sundays whenever possible in order to take advantage of the deep water (Saturdays may be quite busy given the first ever UIL high school season).
We are planning some exciting changes in programming beginning this fall. Details need to be hashed out so nothing is written in stone, but the tentative plans are:
- Create our first ever 10 and under training/competition group. The athletes in this group would train 3-4 times a week for two hours each just like the other Age Groups.
- Create “Age Groups:” 10 and under, 12 and under, and 14 and under. Like our current “Middle School” group, all those Age Groups are still likely to train together. But, the aim over time is to grow each age group so that there are enough athletes to have their own training sessions. Plus, the individual Age Groups are a better reflection of how teams compete at USA Water Polo events. “High school” will remain its own training group. Two-hour practices four times a week.
- Create a “Novice” training group for anyone under 14 who is brand new to the sport and requires entry-level training. Athletes in this group will “graduate” to their appropriate Age Group upon coaches’ approval. Training sessions would last for one hour four times a week.
- Swim2Score remains in place and we are exploring some changes in emphasis so we’re better preparing our athletes for competition. Obviously, some of our current Swim2Score athletes are ready for either the new Novice group or our 10u Age Group. More to come.
A reminder that EVERY member of the club is required to re-register via our TeamUnify site on August 1 of each year. It is an annual thing for all our families, swim and waterpolo. Registration is currently closed but please don’t delay once August 1 arrives. This goes for current families and those who have joined us in just the past couple weeks (thanks for that!).
So, this awesome thing happened in case you didn’t already know.
Session 3 is basically here. The main schedule, ticket info, and lots of other stuff (including a link to the official USAWP JOs page) are available throughout the tournament on our event page. Bookmark it!
- On Thursday our 16u boys kick off the tournament vs. WCAC (Pennsylvania, I believe) at 10:00 AM at the CISD Aquatic Center on the campus of Southlake Carroll High School.
- 18u girls face Orlando United (FL) at 11:00 AM on Thursday at the Garland ISD Natatorium. Their next game is against Chicago at 2PM.
- The Longhorn 10u team faces some team called Pegasus at 11:00 AM on Thursday at the LISD Westside Aquatic Center in Lewisville. Next game vs. Zilla at 2PM.
- 18u and 16u athletes are expected to meet with the team one hour before their first game each day. 10u families, consult with Coach Tom about when you’re expected to meet on Thursday morning.
I’m excited. Lots to look forward to. See you on the deck.