A quick note for our families who were emailed most of this earlier today.
- Practice is on tonight, Monday, from 7-9 as usual.
- On Saturday, September 10, Swim2Score will take place from noon to 1 PM instead of 11-noon.
- I’ve emailed several families but may have missed some: please verify in TeamUnify that your athlete age 18 and younger is registered in the correct AquaTex billing group. The only groups your athletes should be registered with are “Waterpolo,” “Swim/Polo,” or “Swim2Score.” (Those who help us coach Swim2Score are already in the proper group so no need to update.) And “Masters Waterpolo” is the correct group for any water polo player who is a high school graduate. “Middle School” is a swim team group and does not apply to water polo.
- Novice waterpolo: we are soft-launching our Novice programming beginning tonight. There is not currently a TeamUnify group to join so we are offering Novice athletes a chance to give it a try on a trial basis. Novices are those age 9-14 who have “graduated” from Swim2Score but may not be quite ready to join our Age Group training yet. Sessions are one hour each, four times a week: Monday/Wednesday from 7-8 PM; Saturday from 10-11 AM; Sunday from 9-10 AM.
- I’ll share the schedule for this weekend’s Armadillo Classic the moment I get it.
- If you have not joined our GroupMe I strongly encourage it. That’s where we communicate most urgently.
- There is an online parent meeting on Thursday 8 September at 7:00 PM via jit.si meet, which works on all browsers but may require the app on a device. The link to join the meeting was emailed earlier and will be in the GroupMe as well. If you have any subjects you want covered just let me know via email, text, or DM.
- A reminder that every AquaTex athlete is required to purchase a team suit. My strong preference is that you buy via RYTE Sport but Turbo suits are also available. I have a RYTE fitting kit for boys with me. If you want to try one on (strongly recommended) I will have the kit with me at practice.
If you are not currently a member of USA Water Polo, including Swim2Score athletes, make sure to join before your next session. Swim2Score athletes can join USA Water Polo’s “Splashball” group but it would be better to have a Bronze membership so you can compete at tournaments.
See you on the deck,