A quick update as many of us head down to San Antonio this weekend. Good luck to everyone representing AquaTex at this weekend’s Welcome to Texas Shootout!
Our summer schedule is now firmer though not set in stone. We are attempting to maximize the amount of time we get in the deep pool as the number of available hours decreases due to the impacted summer schedule. As always we attempt to keep all training updates current on our calendar.
Working Summer Training Schedule (subject to update)
May 30 – July 8
High school and middle school
- Tuesdays 6-8 PM (subject to swim meet schedule. Select Tuesdays we plan to host game days, dates TBD)
- Fridays 7:15 PM – 9 PM or earlier start if available. We may add Monday practices at the same time. Stay tuned.
- Saturdays 9-11 AM (subject to swim meet schedule)
- Sundays 8-10 AM
- Thursdays at 10:00 AM, piggybacking on AquaTex Swim Team’s Novice practices. We are considering an additional session on Sundays from 10-11 AM. Again, stay tuned.
- Sundays, 10-11 AM, 9:30 AM warmup pool
National Junior Olympics
If you are playing for an AquaTex or Longhorn team at Junior Olympics this summer there are steps that you need to take as soon as possible if they haven’t been already. Club affiliation and Gold membership are the priority:
- Change your athlete’s club affiliation to AquaTex Waterpolo Club, #24177 or Longhorn, depending on which roster you’ll play for
- Upgrade to Gold membership
- Upload a current passport-style headshot to your USAWP profile
- Submit your Date of Birth verification and sign that USAWP Covid Waiver
- Join our GroupMe for the most immediate communications and add/invite anyone in the family who should be included (contact me for the link)
- Check the roster. If we’re missing anyone let us know
- Follow updates regarding all Junior Olympic competition, including the SWZ Festival & JO’s qualifications on our events pages.
- Practice! Make sure to practice with your teams but most important is that we expect to see you at our Sunday practices at Micki. They will take place from 8-10 AM (updated since last published!) unless/until we need to change them. The next Sunday practice will be on June 5.
Have a great weekend, everyone.
See you on the deck,