You’ve gone long enough without a scintillating weekly update. So here you go. And January is already almost over.
Winter/Spring Competition Calendar
USA Water Polo recently collected all the competitive events, including some high school, coming up in the next few months. Here it is with some additional dates specifically for AquaTex stuff.
- Every other Saturday, Zilla Scrimmage, 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM
- Sunday, January 31st: North Texas Winter Game Day at the LISD Eastside Aquatic Center (hosted by Mavericks Water Polo, All Athletes/Age Groups)
- Saturday-Sunday, February 13-14: CFWPC Spring Tournament at the CFISD Natatorium in Northwest Houston (hosted by CFWPC, All Athletes/Age Groups)
- Saturday-Sunday, February 20-21: North Texas Winter Invitational at LISD Westside Aquatic Center (hosted by Thunder Water Polo, 19U Boys & 19U Girls)
- Saturday-Sunday, March 27-28: Thunder Spring Invite at LISD Eastside Aquatic Center (hosted by Thunder Water Polo, 14U Boys, 14U Girls, 12U Mixed)
- Saturday-Sunday, April 24-25: TAGS Water Polo Champs at the Pearland Natatorium (hosted by SWZ & Southside, 8th/6th/4th Grade & Younger)
- Friday-Saturday, April 30-May 1: Texas High School Water Polo – Region Championships (various locations)
- Friday-Saturday, May 7-8: Texas High School Water Polo – Girls State Championship at LISD Westside Aquatic Center in North Texas
- Friday-Saturday, May 14-15: Texas High School Water Polo – Boys State Championship at CFISD Natatorium in Northwest Houston
I will put these events on the calendar but the one competition we will focus on most is the CFWPC Spring Tournament on Feb 13-14. Keep an eye out for roster calls, particularly 16u coed athletes.
AQTX High School Tournament(s)
We have requested time for the following events, which we have hosted in past years and help with our budget tremendously. We’ll let everyone know if any are approved (they are not yet):
- Friday/Saturday March 5-6 for the AquaTex West Region High School Tournament
- Sunday, March 7 for a local 14u game day (Zilla, Aqua Swift, etc.)
- Saturday March 27 for a high school mini-tournament
- Two Sundays in February for potential ODP training.
This week we’ll begin online training again with a new feature: Alon’s dryland bodyweight workout for home! Our athletes should be using their Tuesdays to join Alon via YouTube as he puts you through your paces. Check out the first of many workouts, all of which will be posted on our YouTube channel.
Then on Thursday we will resume our Zoom Chalk Talks where we cover strategy, tactics, and watch game film. Plus you can expect some cool guests to join us every once in a while. Next one on Thursday, January 28 at 7:30 PM. Look for an invitation via email and/or groupme.
As mentioned last week we’ll put the Zilla Scrimmages on the agenda, the next one will be this Saturday at 2:00-4:30 PM. They are always free of charge and all ages.
Update: Since there is no youth practice on Saturday the 30th we’ll look for our athletes to go to Milburn instead, 2:00 to 4:30 PM.
Update: There is a swim meet at Micki on Saturday, January 30 so we will move them to Sunday the 31st, noon-2 PM for youth with masters afterward.
Saturday will also be the return of masters water polo. But if you haven’t already be sure to fill out this form if you plan to attend and read this before you come so you won’t be surprised by the new processes.
Automatic News Updates
We changes email marketing services recently which gives us a new chance to invite you to receive automatic updates any time we post news here on AquaTexWaterpolo.com. Share your email address below and click the Subscribe button to sign up.
See you on the deck,